Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dixie Hummingbirds - I Want To Feel Thy Holy Spirit (Peacock 1808)



I Want To Feel Thy Holy Spirit

IRA TUCKER
1925-2008

Please join me in bidding farewell to one of the most influential figures in Gospel, Ira Tucker. As the leader of the Dixie Hummingbirds for nearly seventy years, Tucker brought his own sense of style and rhythm to the music. His fabled theatrics took the quartet experience to the next level, and laid the foundation for what we now call Soul.

It would be hard to imagine American Music without him.

May he rest in peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amo ergo sum said...

Hiya,

Many thanks for such a great music blog on the art of Gospel music. Love it and I reckon that there should be more blogs like your in this genre!

I have added you to my link list at: http://music-favourites.blogspot.com/
Please feel free to have a look and also add a link to my site on yours. If you want you can give me aslo 3 or 4 tags (eg. Gospel, Soul) to further describe your blog on my site.

Keep up the good work,

Take care, spread the love!

Mao

7:33 AM  
Blogger Steven Reed said...

Letter to the Editor



Bob Dylan helped bring Folk music to the mainstream. In the 60s he brought a generation to the political process with the times area changing a Rock anthem. In the 70s he stood up against corruption in the justice system and he helped George Harrison start the first worldwide effort to help others that was followed by other such efforts by many other artists.



He turned to Christianity in the late 70s and brought many to God with You Gotta Serve Somebody. In the 80s and 90s he kept touring and had more hits with Garth Brooks doing his to make you feel my love being Country song of the year.



Dylan’s new cd together through life from songs like life is hard to its all good Dylan has went Blues and it is clearly CD of the year. You just got to get this cd as a gift or for yourself. My all-time favorite is jokerman which is on u-tube. Let me know what you think at stevenlloydreed@hotmail.com.

Sincerely,

Steven L. Reed

1441South Estate Ave.

Springfield, MO 65804

417-882-2942

stevenlloydreed@hotmail.com

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home